Rogue Owners Unite

Hello Rogue Owners. The goal of this thread is to let Rogue owners discuss the tubes they have tried in their amps/preams and discuss other tweeks that have been implemented with success. It would also be nice if you'd post your system components to help us compare notes.
buckingham
I just had my 99 preamp upgraded from magnum to Super Magnum. A little more quiet with better detail.

I use Quicksilver v-4 amps. Very easy on tubes as well as sounding great.
V4s have always been on my short list of wish to own. I had the Quick silfer line stage and KT88s prior to the Rogues Nice Tube sound , compared to rogues "CrossOver" sound .
Just ordered the 99 Upgrade and decided on the 180s so we shall see.
Ratbbb2,

How would you compare your former QS setup to your current Rogue seup?

Thanks.
The quicksilver was a more traditional "tube" sound Very lush and smooth. The preamp was a bit dull if not matched well (Dynaco st70) But sounded downright exciting with my brothers Onkyo M504 and the Alisons CD9s . I liked them very much but wanted something with a bit more detail and bottom end grunt. would love to try the V4s still.
The quicksilver was a more traditional "tube" sound Very lush and smooth. The preamp was a bit dull if not matched well (Dynaco st70) But sounded downright exciting with my brothers Onkyo M504 and the Alisons CD9s . I liked them very much but wanted something with a bit more detail and bottom end grunt. would love to try the V4s still.