Remote Power Switch for Wheelchair Bound

I have a fellow living at my place confined to a wheel chair with MS. Right now, the amp is hooked plugged into the wall, whereas the other components are hooked up to a Monsterpower 2000. He can reach the componentry, but the amp is on the floor and hard to reach. I'd like to install a remote switch near the other components that turns the amp on. This could mean creating a surge protector with a relay, I don't know. I'm looking for ideas as to how to do this. Thanks much.
peter_s
could you install a switched dedicated line for the amp? You could mount a standard wall switch to turn the circuit on and off.
If you're technically inclined (build your own relay box with an input AC cord & an AC outlet) ther are at least a couple of "remote" alternatives.
Hobbiest electronics catalog houses such as Parts Express, Mouser, DigiKey, etc. (maybe even Radio Shack) sell an inexpensive RF handheld remote control pushbutton box which activates a wall-mounted plug in box outputting 120VAC, typically for the purpose of energizing a lamp etc. Use that 120v output to drive a higher-current switching relay inside of your homebrew swithbox. For some surge-transient protection, add some MOV's paralleled across the hot line to neutral & to ground, & neutral-to-ground.
You could also do the same scheme with a "The Clapper" device to drive the switcher box.
That Clapper would have it's way with the relay should the stereo ever be loaded up with a copy of "Flamingo Fever."
I was thinking about that too; after the first clapping sequence, it's all over.