Newbie System Question sort of long, sorry

Hi all,
I'm new to Audiogon and also an audiophile novice so let me start by saying I appreciate your patience in sharing your knowledge. Right know I'm like an "art idiot", I don't know what "Hi Fi" is but I know it(and feel it) when I hear it.

1. Recomended Reading Suggestions

2. Help in identifying my systems weakest link
My current system is: Creek 4330 Int. Amp, Rotel RCD-02 CDP,
NAD C440 tuner, JM Labs Micron Carat Speakers fed through a Brick Wall surge protector on dedicated line. I listen to a very wide range of music styles.

3. Components order of importance, i.e. in creating my "for life" system how do I divy up the budget?

Thanks
jetson
Thanks for the quick and informative responses.
Zspradlin: I'll put that on my x-mas list.

Gunbei: Yes, I enjoy it very, very much. More than my wife; that's why I started with the speakers I've got and why they are placed where they are since she is the decorator and is only beginning to appreciate the value of better sound quality. My speakers are placed in the "long side" corners of a 12.5' x 25' living room. AFAIK they would be better placed on the "short side" corners but that's where the "decorating decisions are competing.
I've got Kimber Kable 8PR speaker and PJB interconnect wires.

My current preferences would be to have better lows and sound envelopment than notice the speaker locations at lower volume levels.(insert correct jargon here)

Gemini: Bummer learning on the Rotel player, that's my newest component, but I still appreciate your input. I've always been wary of buying used.
Thanks Buckingham. Glad to avoid everyone re-typing stuff, I know newbie questions get old.
Actually, your speakers are probably in a good place being on the long wall, as long as your listening chair is postioned in the sweet spot and several feet away, but do you have them set up properly on speaker stands, out from the wall a couple of feet or so? Overall, it sounds like it's a nice little system, but I tend to think that Gemini might be correct as to the next component you look at to upgrade (however, digital upgrades can be subtle and hard to identify at first, especially through modest speakers), and Zspradlin and he are right on the money concerning cables. If and when you want to take things up a level, you'll probably eventually replace everything, but if this is the type of system (and budget) you enjoy and have no gripes with it, then I would say well done. Remember, we all suspect there is something better out there, and almost all of us are right, but the key is in enjoying what you have and focusing on your music. Your system is probably more faithful to the music than 99% of what's in out there in the world. But when you talk about assembling a system "for life", be aware that most of us audiophools don't allow ourselves that contented a position, forever fiddling as we are wont to do. About the budget divvying and order of importance, I'm of the school that says start with the speakers, but you'll find plenty of spirited dissent from that (you can find my detailed arguments in my answers if you care to). In any case, welcome and happy listening!
Zaikesman: Thanks for the comments and compliment. I understand what you mean about always fiddling, I already do that with my car. I'm satisfied with this system, but I know I would enjoy better, to me it's a compromise between what I want and what I could get and keep my marital bliss. I guess what I mean for a "life system" is one built on a larger budget than my wife would understand before this system was put together. A lot smaller than what many of Audiogon's subscribers would probably spend but about 3-4 times that of my existing system.