No Audiophiles in Hollywood

A thought just came to me that a lot of movies show us the lives of fictional people doing the everyday things that real people do. However, we never see anyone sitting down and listening to a high end system.

The only thing that I can remember is when the billionaire played by Robert Redford put on an LP on what appeared to be a high end turntable in the movie "Indecent Proposal".

I have never seen exposed tubes on-screen, or an amp of any type for that matter. Big speakers, fuggedaboudit...it seems hifi does not fit the decor scheme of movie sets, or more realistically, audiophiles are rarer on earth than Klingons and Romulans and hollywood does not know of their existence.

It would seem that some of the well heeled actors, directors and producers would own a killer 2 channel system and periodically include one in a scene when the character has discretionary income.

We've all seen scenes with the wife complaining about the husband always watching sports, but never complaining about him pampering his hi-fi rig.

We've all seen characters with automobiles and other toys that we've envied, but never a stereo system to make you salivate.

Anyone ever see a hi-fi system onscreen worth mentioning?

Just a thought.
128x128mitch4t
Saw the Richard Gere movie 'Nights in Rodanthe'.....the innkeeper had vinyl and and a nice turntable.

The movie was a real stinker....didn't like it.
If these have been mentioned before forgive me, but this thread is over 4 yrs old and I didn't read through all the posts.

Anyway, two films that easily come to mind are Indecent Proposal, where the Redford character had an audiophile turntable and played LPs for romance at a time when LPs were considered (by me, too) totally dead.

In The Bone Collector, the Denzel Washington character has a pair of walnut-staved small Sonus Faber speakers mounted near the ceiling and aiming down.

Although John Cusack in High Fidelity isn't an audiophile, he does have an interesting mix of mid-'70s hi-fi equipment, and he runs a primarily vinyl store in 2000 before it was hip or popular.
kill bill I
in the fight scene between Black Mamba and Copperhead
they trash the living room, knock over cd's and vinyl records are seen in a shelf under an unseen stereo
Dark Knight had beolab speakers in the penthouse/apartment scene, the 2008 horror movie Shutter had Meridien speakers in the guys apartment.
On TV, not movies, but Dr. House has a SOTA in his office, and I believe Revels. Of course, both the character and the actor (Hugh Laurie) are decent amateur musicians.