The Listening Chair - What type do you use?

What type of chair do you use for critical listening? I've always believed that one with a low back is best because a high back would alter the sound back to your ears. But I've also realized that comfort also will make ones listening experience more enjoyable. I’m thinking of going more in the direction of chairs replacing my couch and I’m having a difficult time finding ones with low backs that would allow one to seat in for hours at a time. Is low back seating really that important? How many of you in search of the absolute sound have sacrificed a bit of sonic performance for more comfortable seating?
islandflyfisher
Gunbei, it takes all kinds. Ligne-Roset has alot of interesting stuff from an innovative group of designers. They stress the novel use of readily available materials. Unfortunately, their designs can be quite pricey, but you sometimes see knock-offs at Ikea.
is the Le Corbusier LC2 that is built by CASSINA a good chair for listening? I sat in one today and it was pretty good. I like the lower back area so as not to interfere with the sound.

Are there any alternatives to the Le Corbusier? Thanks.

Ciao,
Audioquest
is the Le Corbusier LC2 that is built by CASSINA a good chair for listening? I sat in one today and it was pretty good. I like the lower back area so as not to interfere with the sound.

Are there any alternatives to the Le Corbusier? Thanks.

No, that would not be a good listening chair... not in my opinion. We have the small version in our living room - it looks great, but it is definitely not a comfortable couch to sit long-term. It is rather rigid and doesn't offer much support where you need it - not exactly a relaxed listening experience.

A good alternative? I'm not sure what you mean by "alternative" since virtually anything could be an alternative. A good alternative might be virtually any other more cushy couch - one that is comfortable to sit in for a long period of time. Beware that leather couches will alter the acoustic response of the room. I changed from a fabric couch to a leather couch in my listening room and the difference was profound. The leather couch made the room a whole lot more lively, while the fabric couch had created a more pleasing deadening effect, having apparently more of an absorptive quality.

One of the most comfortable listening chairs I've been in was the one I mentioned earlier in this thread, which now has a dead link. Here's a live version - The Ox Chair by Hans Wegner. Unfortunately it also only comes in leather and is now quite expensive.

Man, this is an old thread you've revived!
I tried Ekornes, Corbusier, end Zero Gravity. Corbusier was a little bit uncomfortable, Ekornes was nice but Zero Gravity Perfect Chair was the most comfortable from the all I tried.