The Listening Chair - What type do you use?

What type of chair do you use for critical listening? I've always believed that one with a low back is best because a high back would alter the sound back to your ears. But I've also realized that comfort also will make ones listening experience more enjoyable. I’m thinking of going more in the direction of chairs replacing my couch and I’m having a difficult time finding ones with low backs that would allow one to seat in for hours at a time. Is low back seating really that important? How many of you in search of the absolute sound have sacrificed a bit of sonic performance for more comfortable seating?
islandflyfisher
My perspective of an alternative is something with a low ear level back side. Yes, the LC2 is probably not very comfortable for long listening sesssion, but it is low enough for me not to worry about spurious reflections next to my ears. I know there are alnernatives. I am not concerned about leather causing or having an affect on baa. I figure one area of compromise is okay, but the ear level height of a chair is not one I want to accept. I do have a large 3 seater Italian Natuzzi leather couch that is just below ear height, but I would like to upgrade to something more of a chair. I also have a stressless relax chair, way to high, but I can fall a sleep in that chair. It does all of the fancy bells and whistles, spins, swivels, and reclines.

Ciao,
Audioquest4life
You may want to consider the Wassily Chair, which is what I use.

Looks like its current price is $3108, available at Knoll Studio. I believe there are replicas available at lower prices, under other names.

As with the Ox Chair that Marco referred to, the back and the bottom are both angled toward the rear, which results in excellent back support. Obviously, though, there is no head or neck support, which may not be ideal for long listening sessions.

The seating height the chair provides is significantly lower than in an average chair. You would want to consider that carefully in relation to the height of your speaker's drivers. I'm 5'9" and my ear level is about 39" above the floor when I am seated in the chair.

The chair, of course, is considered to be a design classic, and is in the Museum of Modern Art.

Regards,
-- Al
I use a zero gravity light weight wooden chair from Horn Dove in Canada.
Cheap, very comfortable and very eco.

Recommended. Plus Ron is, in my direct experience, a top bloke (as we Aussies say)

Cheers
Andrew.
I use a big cushy soft chair that was real comfortable for the 15 minutes I sat in it in the store.
Don't do what I did. After a couple of hours the soft cushy turns into uncomfortable.
If I had the loot, I'd buy a Steelcase 'Leap'.
for a tick over 800$, this is by far the most comfortable chair I've ever test-sat.
You can also get it with an optional headrest and footstool as a lounge type chair.
It's like sitting in a hand.