Anyone reccommend books on Tuners?

Does anyone know of any books on Tuner construction?

Amps, Pre-amps, Speakers, all basic stuff. Basic components, nothing too fancy. Im curous about tuners though, i was wondering how complicated it is to build a high quality FM tuner.

Any reccommendations?
slappy
Grab a book from Barnes and Nobel bookstor
"Basic Electronics by
Bureau of Naval Personnel.
Uhm, ok,

Is this just a basic electronics book or is it geared twards radio?

I used to fiddle with electronics in highschool, and ive taken some classes on this stuff, but alot of it im just starting to remember.

i wish i had the desire to design my own from scratch, but i'd rather stand on the shoulders of giants and mess with thier designs a few times before i try my first origional design.
It's not specifically geared towards radio but it has a sufficient information on how to understand and later-on build or restore a good quality radio.
I second the book "Basic Electronics" above. It's not a general electronics book. It is aimed at audio/radio circuits and has a lot of tube circuits too. It has entire chapters on receivers and tuned circuits. It is dealing with radio communication in the services so it is a little different but the basic principles are the same.It is not going to give you schematic for the project you want but it will be a very good basic book and not very expensive. It is very clearly written having been put together to educate servicemen.
http://store.yahoo.com/doverpublications/0486210766.html

A second book that is indirectly helpful would be the ARRL handbooks. These are aimed at amateur radio crowd and not commercial am-fm tuners but, again, most of the basics, I think, are the same. The earlier editions (1945-60) are good for tube circuits too.
ARRL Handbooks on EBay

I have not used these resources that much for the radio info but rather for the amp info they both include but the radio/receiver stuff is all there.

Finally, if you are going down this road I suggest you start asking these questions at one of the many diy/electronics forums as you will get a lot larger and more informed response. Agon is really basically a retail oriented forum.

Cheers,
I remain
There is a Tuner discussion group on Yahoo Groups. I would post this question there..