Do power conditioners help with unwanted hum/noise

If so what are the names of the units that give you the biggest bang for the buck...Thanks
tmoore
Warren, i'm sorry if i never got back to you about this subject. I sometimes get plastered with a large quantity of emails at one time. As a result, i sometimes end up losing track of where i left off at or which ones i had enough time to read but not enough time to respond to at the moment. By the time i log back on, more email has shown up and i get lost all over again.

If you would be kind enough to do so, please post your question publicly and i'll do my best to answer it. This may help others to follow along too, reducing some of the emails i may end up getting that ask similar questions. Sean
>
Thanks for the help, Sean, very much. I think I can go ahead and buy a transformer, thanks to you.
Sean, which is better, isolation transformer or choke regulated power supply like Musical Fidelity?
Thanks,
Cdc: Each of these are different designs with different outcomes. A choke regulated supply should lower the noise floor and provide less ripple ( voltage fluctuation ). The isolation transformer won't do anything in terms of reducing ripple, but it should lower the noise floor to a measurably greater extent. That is, in terms of how most chokes are used in most power supply designs. Given that i prefer to run the Iso at the breaker box / out of the listening area and the other approach is actually built into the gear, one could actually use both with compounded benefits. Sean
>
Thanks Sean, the iso transformer would be an easier upgrade. I used it on the CDP for the biggest improvement but always wondered how it compared to choke regulated p-s.