My pre-amp inverts phase--what's up?!?

On the top case of my Counterpoint SA-3 tube pre-amp, there is a statment "This unit inverts phase". What does this mean? Do I have to do something to my cables/wires/power plug to "re-invert(!)" my phase??? How is this affecting the sound?
douglikesaudio
If it inverts *absolute* polarity then switch *both* speaker connections (both blacks on red, etc).
My preamp also has an inverted output, apparently tube preamps invert the signal normally but some mfgr's re-invert it ahead of the outputs. I asked Dennis Had at Cary why he didn't re-invert; simple, he said, why add unnecessary circuitry when it is so easy to reverse the speaker cables?
I once owned a audible illusions mod3 which inverted phase-just changed spkr cables. Once after cleaning my spkr ends I forgot to change polarity and did not notice any difference in the sound-so try it both ways.
phase inversion in electronics usually stems form an odd number of gain stages in the device. inverting polarity at both spk cables is a fix but many if not 50/50 recordings have inverted phase and who knows how many recording channels have the same situation. i would really like absolute phase inversion as a remote control option. it floored me to truly hear the difference using an adcom cd player at a dealer.
It sure is fun to use that phase inversion button on my CD50. A button like this on your preamp or CD player is vital.