Are Rotel amps and preamps any good?

I have heard both positive and negative feedback on Rotel by various dealers? I cannot find any reviews on Rotel...can anyone shed any light on the subject, please? Thanks in advance!
fogtownrog
Plus.. they offer a 5 year warranty and if you look at the rotel gear for sale here, you will find that it holds its value over the years. The demand remains huge for older Rotel products, which says a lot about this brand.
Rotel is tough to beat in its price range, IMHO, and in many cases holds its own against some much more expensive gear.
I have owned Rotel equipment myself, and after much research and listening, I thought it was the best bang for the buck. You can get into multi-channel for about 1 grand, or 2 channel stereo for approx 600 bucks, for what you are paying you get some nice goods. It is also of my opinion that Rotel will out perform other companies mentioned in this chain, and they are superior to Outlaw (got in a huge fight with a buddy as to what sounded better)

In the instances where I called Rotel service, they were very accomodating and friendly.
I am still using these rotel components and I would put them up against 95% of the current high end gear!
Joseph Chow feels the RHA10 tuner is in the top 10 ever built, top 5 with his mods. I also use 2 1080 200 WPC amps for my surround speakers. For the $$ they are hard to beat.

RHB10 200W 1993-1995 $2700 amplifier
RHT10 16 pre-sets 1993-1995 $1499 preamp
RHA10 1993-1995 $1800 tuner Modified by;
Joseph Chow
c/o Component Plus, USA
11713 New Albion Dr.
Gold River, CA 95670
In the RIGHT application they can make beautiful music. In particular, I'm familiar with two systems that feature Rotel integrated amplifiers feeding Vandersteen 1C and and 2Ce speakers that serve all recorded music extremely well. However, I've also heard a less than satisfactory pairing of Rotel separates of the same vintage with a pair of
Thiel CS2.2s. I don't think there is anything wrong with either component, but the combination was not very pleasing. The lesson for me was that blanket statements regarding the performance of any brand or model of equipment should be regarded with healthy skepticism. Try before you buy!