Better Electronics or New Cables???

Which have you found to be more satisfying, better hardware or new cables? If you had a spare $1,000 for either but not both, which way would you go?
rockvirgo
Rockvirgo, take the analogy one step further: I have known certain "monster" cables to make a system sound so "dead" that it would take an audiophile Dr. Frankenstein to reawaken the system to life again. To get back to the forum theme, I think it has been said that $1,000 cannot buy you very much these days: maybe a power cord like the FIM gold or a Shunyata--otherwise all that you can buy is a bunch of Black Diamond accessories. I would not think that even a $1,000 RCA or XLR cable would be much of an improvement in a seriously high end system. But certain "giant killer" cables like the Coincident IC cable have proven me wrong at US $299. Bottom line: Rockvirgo, if your existing cables are just the strip wire that you got with the products, then buy three sets of Coincident IC cables: put one between your turntable and your phono stage, the second between your phono stage and preamp and the third between your preamp and your power amps. That will be the best upgrade possible, I think, for $1,000. You will even have $103 left over for a few MFSL records.
Slawney is right. Coincident PCs IMO is the best value I have heard. It is not in the FIM or king cobra league. But for under $300 it holds its own against PCs costing much more. I liked it better than black mamba. Good luck Rockvirgo.
Those high dollar cables you have got to be kidding.Just buy some cables from parts express. I have been doing this stuff for 40 years. Buy some good electronics your ears will not here the difference. But if you beleive that those extremly expensive cables make a difference have at it.