Dedicated line

I've been reading the threads on dedicated line and AC polarity. Although wire gauge type was mentioned (12 or 10), is there a particular BRAND of wire to look out for or any generic wire would do? Many thanks.
glim
Glim: Got your message.... Can think of two possible sources: Ground loop Incorrect connection polarity at wall plates. For testing purposes "float" the ground in your front end components to see if the hum disappears. If it does you have a ground loop problem connections for both front end and amp should be at the same potential. (Check safety on local code) If above doesn't show improvement check that polarity connections are OK, i.e. that the lowest potential is obtained at the components chassis. . Suggest to try a cheater plug for this if you reverse connection polarity and noise is gone that's the source keep in mind that you need to keep ground connection though for this test or mixed results between reverse polarity influences and ground loops will be obtained (REMEMBER SAFETY FIRST KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING OR HIRE SOMEONE THAT DOES). If you have a power conditioner where you have hooked all your front ends by lifting ground for testing could also provide the answer. (Cheater plug) If capacity allows and for testing purposes you can plug the amp to the power line conditioner and see what it does for you. Don't over power the PLC but try to see if noise lowers without major power demands from amp- Need more details to help out. Could you be more specific on the connections? Amp to wall dedicated wall outlet, and front components to power line conditioner? Regards
There is a lot of information on tweeking power and the your listening room on the Vansevers.com web site.
Johnmhuntbch, What did you do at Ga. Power. I myself was at FP&L. for 15 years. Would like to hear from you. Thanks, Skip.
Thanks for your responses everyone. I am very grateful, I realise that this is truly a great hobby. I have printed all your responses to my questions regarding the problem hum I am experiencing and reading them carefully. I am going to plug my solidstate (ss) system to do some testing. I don't want to do this on my tube equipment for fear of damaging them as I would have to switch on/off many times to try some of the suggestions. Sol322, the dedicated line was installed by a professional. Pending the outcome of the ss test, I will get him back for any other required adjustments, as this is definitely NOT my area of expertise. Here are more details on how I connected my equipment. TO DEDICATED LINE- 2 scenarios that caused the hum to occur 1) ALL equipment through a power conditioner to one outlet 2) ALL equipment directly to the newly installed dedicated outlets. I have pre/power/CD so I used only 3 outlets. TO COMMON LINE- Same connection as above scenarios but this time to common outlets. Note my common line has no ground connection. Result is NO HJM! I will post ss results, sometime tomorrow, July 11. Many thanks again to all. Best regards.