Metal or Fabric Dome tweeter

I am looking at many different speakers and notice there are different opinions as to which is better. Any comments would be appreciated.
128x128bohemian7
I don't think, that there is a "thing", called BETTER, between "metal", or "fabric", or "kevlar" or....? Most manufacturers experiment, with different parts and drivers, and tweeters, So, they may try one year, with metal dome and another with Kevlar or vice versa! Don't forget, it is NOT a rule, that the best of the parts will make, one component to sound good! So nobody, short of the manufacturers, shouldn't "judge" one or another, just on basis of material one part is made of!
My experience has proven more often then not that metal dome sounds great at reproducing cymbols, bells etc. but silk dome is better with the human voice and is less likely to accentuate sibilance. Since most music comes from CD players and they have a brittle sound already, silk domes and tubes help the sound more natural. You will give up some of the sizzle so personal taste rules as always.
I think that one thing we often disregard is what's behind the tweeter. By that I mean the crossover and wire. That being said, I tend to prefer the sound of a good fabric dome tweeter. Most of my favorite speakers use fabric domes. Then again, two speakers I really like, Triangle and Vandersteen use metal domes, so there you go. But it's tough to find fault with the tweeters from Dynaudio, Morel, Scan Speak, and Vifa. I feel soft domes don't drive most to complain of brightness. And they allow me to use silver wire, and highlight its strengths.