What preamp for Lamm M1.2 ?

I was thinkung about getting the ARC Ref 3, but I din't noticed that Lamms have an awfull lot of gain - 32dB. I was told that the Ref 3 will not work well with Lamms because of that.

I know that the logical step is to get the Lamm preamp but beeing as lazy as I am, I want something withe a remote (not to mention SINGLE volume knob).

Any thoughts ?
128x128elberoth2
Kurt,

Beeing 29, I unfortunately missed the great vinyl era. Since I remember, CDs were with me. As a resoult I do not have a single LP. On the other hand, I have over 800 CDs. I think it is too late for me to start assembling a vinyl collection, not to mention spending big $$$ on a vinyl rig.
Elberoth2, I am glad you settled on the LAMM 1.2. I have Avalon speakers and I am also considering Lamm 1.2 vs CAT JL2. What amps did you try and how did they compare?

Thanks in advance.
I would look at
placette passive or active linestage - they also have 30 day return policy.

or cj ACT or CT5 pre amp. both have 20db gain, but you will not get any tube rush with your lamm amp. my cj prem350 has similar gain to your Lamm amps and I have 90db speakers - no noise just music.
If you should decide to go for the emmlabs CDSD/DCC2, I would suggest you try going with the DCC2 built-in preamp to start with. You may like it. Afterwards, you can start to look at a separate dedicated and actually compare the sound in your wonderfully designed room. You can then decide whether it is worth investing a significant amount to upgrade the sound of going direct with the CDSD.
Thom_y,

I am aware of the fact, that the DCC2 has an inbuild preamp. The problem with DCC2 (or AA Capitole for that matter) is that it sounds much better through an external preamp (preferebly tubed one) than direct. That was my experience, anyway.

So I would like to get a preamp first, and then look into the Meitner combo again.

Cytocycle,

Thanks for the sugestion. A close friend of mine has the Jeff Synergy II, so I think I will borrow it from him for a couple of days and listen for myself.