Sand bags under a cdp - didn't work well

Last night I started the process of vibration control with the use of sand bags (3) under my Arcam cdp. What I found was that while everything became more focused/detailed it also became more sharp/harsh/forward/aggressive. I didn't know what to expect but it certaintly wasn't this. Van Morrison's voice on trk #5 on Sailing to Philadelphia was abnormally aggressive and in the end I preferred the sound without the bags. Any thoughts as to why things became too sharp & aggressive????
rgd
If you want rich/full/3D sound buy 12" bicycle innertube and partially inflate so tube compresses greatly but clears CDP feet when used under CDP. CDP should sway gently when touched. You can put sandbag on top of CDp to dampen chasis vibration. Heavy mass sand platform under CDP is for use with cones to drain vibration from CDP into sand box like "big rock". Unless you have very warm/bland sounding system cones are not for you.
Tx for the reply. I also tried BDR cones (#3) and had the same experience. Will try and locate a tube this weekend for trial. Like your suggestions - cheap tweaks first!!!
Any dept store that has small childrens bicycles will have 12" tubes for $6, you can also get hand air pump for $5, might as well get several tubes to experiment with.....sound effect is similar to vibrapods only better.