Sand bags under a cdp - didn't work well

Last night I started the process of vibration control with the use of sand bags (3) under my Arcam cdp. What I found was that while everything became more focused/detailed it also became more sharp/harsh/forward/aggressive. I didn't know what to expect but it certaintly wasn't this. Van Morrison's voice on trk #5 on Sailing to Philadelphia was abnormally aggressive and in the end I preferred the sound without the bags. Any thoughts as to why things became too sharp & aggressive????
rgd
Tx for the reply. I also tried BDR cones (#3) and had the same experience. Will try and locate a tube this weekend for trial. Like your suggestions - cheap tweaks first!!!
Any dept store that has small childrens bicycles will have 12" tubes for $6, you can also get hand air pump for $5, might as well get several tubes to experiment with.....sound effect is similar to vibrapods only better.
Megasam: you do anything to disguise the tubes or just let 'em sit there like techno-industrial artifacts? i'm not putting you down here; i really am interested in this. BTW, my cd transport weighs roughly 47 lbs. is that too heavy for the tubes?
Try innertube under and sand on top. Cheap solutions can work. Damping pads inside the top cover might help. Dont let anyone make you think you have to spend big bucks unless you want to.
CornFB because tube is 12" diameter under most CDP you will not see it. Because you control amount of inflation with hand pump any weight CDP can be accomadated. Put just enough air in tube so CDP feet are just cleared, tube will be very squished. When you touch CDP it should sway easily.