Spatial Coherence

Does anyone here, beside me, own a Spatial Cohernece Preamplifier?

Just curious,
128x128spatialking
Thanks for the wonderful restoration on my Phoenix Steve!
The cosmetics are perfect and the old girl can sing!Amazing clarity and really opened up the mids and highs.I've a very unacoustical listening area but this unit fills the area with perfect balance of base mids and highs. I'm still getting used to hearing guitarists fingers sliding down strings and frets, chairs scraping in the studio...just a silly quiet unit.
Anybody with a Spacial Coherance Pre I would seriously recommend these mods by these fine gentleman!(no affiliation)
Thanks Again!
Tony
Thanks Tony! I'm very pleased to hear that you are enjoying your restored and improved Phoenix preamp. It was a fun project to get involved with and really took me down memory lane. The TFET-Valve modules have proven to be remarkably reliable and are still working today without any apparent loss of performance some 35+ years after they were made. Rebuilding the rest of the preamp to a more modern standard reveals a unit that still holds its own with some of the best of today's equipment. Kudos to Steve Pappin of Clifton Audio for his excellent restoration work.

Congratulations on finding and restoring a fine piece of gear. Have fun and enjoy your music!

Best regards,

Steve McCormack
SMc Audio
Yes, I had a Spacial Coherance Pre 1. I well remember that it took a long time to settledown that motivated Steve to keep it charged on an auto battery for its trip to the show. I don't remember where I went after it or why.
Hello!

I am writing from Sweden.

I have a Spatial Coherance Preamp.

It is not many of thease in Sweden and I know not much about it.

I have not used it for a long time but when I tried it the treble was not good att one chanel.

Can that happen when I shut it down and upp everytime I use the preamp?

I did not know that I was suppose to keep the preamp powered on always.

I hope for answer so I can use the preamp again with my Adyton poweramplifier. The sound with these setup was wery powerfull and good.

From Sweden
Snejder, as I recall this preamp took a long time to settle down once turned off. I would leave it on, except in thunder storms.