"sandwich" platform for amps

I want ot build a "sandwich" platform for my monoblock amps. I undrstand a "sandwich" approach is best, that is, maybe 3" of acoustic foam layered between either mdf or maple wood shelves. Where dos one buy acoustic foam, and what kind is best; I know it must be very dense. Thanks, larry
larryr
Hey Larryr, I use two 14" blocks of heavy ceramic tile to sandwich some Vibrapods. The lower shelf is bolted to the too shallow wooden shelf of a floor to ceiling bookshelf I am forced to use.

Also, check the Mapleshade website. The have a foam and it is probably the kind of thing you are looking for. Good luck, Charlie
I used mdf and screwed through it 8 3" brass screws using the tips of the screws as "spikes" then placed a litely inflated 12" intertube with another piece of mdf, sand bags, my dvd player and more sand on top. Works well and can be made for $20 from supplies ate home depot
I used Dynamat sandwiched between 3/4" MDF. Dynamat is a vibration damping material sold at auto sound places (Circuit City, etc.). It has adhesive on one side and I used spray adhesive on the other to bond to the second sheet of MDF
What a monumental waste of time.
Vvvvvibration is not your enemy.
The whole world resonates ates ates ates...
Ever see live music on a stage.It rocks.
If you want a project get a roll of 1/4 inch acoustic lead soundproofing and sandwich it with mdf or oiled teak wood if you want. If you hear a sonic improvement you are like me,full of shit and a stupidaso. Enjoy the Hobby, I am getting ready to clean all my connections, even those I don't use.
Hey Stu, here I thought you could just cook...shows how stupid most of your preconceptions are. Did something similar with lead, felt and mdf and now I'm happily full of shit myself. Cheers