Break in period for power conditioners ?

Is there a break in period for power conditioners. I just put a Monster HTS 2000 in my system. Now it sounds thin and bright. Will this change? If there is a break in period, how long is it? Interestingly my TV looks better but my stereo sounds like .... it needs a doctor.
128x128artemus_5
Although I have not personally observed the breakin phenomena occuring with AC conditioners, I've been told by both a manufacturer & an "authority" (one of their dealers) that breakin does in fact occur with their devices. I've certainly experienced breakin improvements with interconnects & speaker cables, but I haven't noticed this happening in my rig with line conditioners, or even AC cords for that matter. I'm not saying definitively that it does / does not happen; just haven't had the pleasure at my house, but as always YMMV.
There is a break in period for each "individual" outlet as well as the whole unit. I have noticed the same thing when replacing the A/C wall outlets that I use for audio. I own two of the HTS-2000's and from memory think that it took approx. 72 hours (of pumping current through each individual outlet) for the sound to smooth and flesh out, though the sound will improve a bit more with addtional time. On occasion I have plugged either the DAC or transport into a "virgin" plug (one that has not been used before) and the difference in sound was very noticeable. Give it a week and if it still does not sound right, return it.
As with ANY solid state (and tube) electronics, there is always a "break-in" period in which the electrons of the metals in the circuit settle. But I doubt that any break-in period will solve your woes. From what I have seen, an upgraded power cord will serve you better than any conditioner, especially for amps. Unless the manufacturer recommends using a conditioner, then I would steer away from them. Exception: PS Audio. But not for amps. They just demand too much current quickly to have any real positive benefit from a line conditioner.