Audiophile USB to PCM

I have an excellent upsampler and dac (dCS Purcell/Delius) and am looking for the very best USB to PCM conversion. So far, I've tried SlimDevices Squeezebox, and Xitel Pro Hi-Fi link.

Both are very good, but I was wondering if there are any other options I should be considering. Both the Sutherland USB Preamp and the Wavelength USB Dac convert to analog. I'd like something of similar quality that stops short of the digital to analog conversion so that I can let the dCS gear do that.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

harry
hbrandt
Rsbeck:

Yeah...well that's the question. Let me explain so that you don't think I'm a goofball!!! The Digital Lens has been there for a long time and has a nifty remote and allows me to use lots of digital inputs. I've done extensive a/b analysis and it is not causing any deterioration, although I don't think it's really helping a whole lot. The Apogee Big Ben is, in my view, the most progressive reclocking device to come along in years. it basically reclocks the incoming signal using an ultrastable clocking mechanism. It added tremendous improvement to my system. The signal then hits the TacT RCS 2.0s which I am using solely for room correction. Can't live without that either. But the output from the RCS needs to be reclocked again for optimal dejittering. But the Apogee doesn't do upsampling....so it's off to the dCS Purcell for upsampling to 24/176 (which I prefer to 24/192. Now the signal heads to the dCS Delius for conversion to Analog. I set the TacT and dCS gear to unity gain, because I don't like to use digital equipment for volume control....because volume attenuation leads to reduction of bits and resolution. To the analog signal heads to a Placette dual mono with its superb analog vishay resistor volume control. I know you think this all sounds a bit extreme and weird......but trust me...it works!!!!

harry
>>trust me...it works!!!!<<

I trust you. Most of what we do in an effort to get better sound could be considered extreme and weird. Who am I to judge?
Rsbeck:

Thanks for the nonjudgmental attitude, man!!! I guess I'm a little defensive 'cause i've added all that gear and interconnects.

Harry
Just heard that the company making Waveterminal U24 is bought by Emagic. They also seem to have similar device, called Emagic Multichannel Interface A62m., with description as follows: "Versatile and practical - with 6 audio inputs and 2 audio outputs, MIDI I/O and USB hub, the A62 m offers mobility and quality in one compact interface. This makes it the ideal multi-purpose interface for use on the road or in your personal studio setup."
http://www.emagic.de/products/hw/A62m/index.php?lang=EN

Any info/opinion on that?
Hbrandt:

Glad to hear it worked well. I guess I better try doing some audiophile stuff with it as well. I've been thinking about doing a WAV, non compressed music server with this as the D/A. Sounds like it would be really good. As to buying it elsewhere--no big deal. As I said it's a piece of test gear primarily bought by our dealers in their test kits. It's not a significant part of our business. Now as to getting rid of those TacTs and upgrading to the PARC--well now that's truly music to my ears:)

Rives