Do CD-R's sound the same as originals

does a burned copy of a cd sound the same as the original
soundwatts5b9e
No, I have found that they do not sound the same to me. I've not tried every possibility yet, however.
My experience has been much different than Mfgreps above post. When a good source component, good CD, good blanks, and good recorder are used at 1X speed, I've made many excellent CD-Rs using Pioneer W-739 and 509 recorders at 1X speed. I would expect that CD-R recordings made on cheap, high speed computer "burners" would not be as good. I've never heard MP3, and have no interest in it. Cheers. Craig.
I wasn't referring to anything other than 1x speed, nor was I referring to MP3. Only a fool would even waste time burning a CD-R at over 1X speed, IMO...........................Joe: You know what? I don't feel like explaining why. If you make lots of copies, and hear no difference, that's fine with me. Be happy, go forth and populate the earth with perfect CD-R's. I never said there was a big difference, just that they don't sound exactly alike to me. I have a few things I am trying that might futher lessen the difference, but I have too many cables and speakers that I am reviewing to waste time wondering why a copy wouldn't be EXACTLY the same as the original. PERHAPS YOU CAN TELL ME WHY A COPY IS IN EVERY WAY, EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE ORIGINAL? (since you want to discuss it).
I have had the experience that they often sound better with my methods and equiptment used. I think that the blanks themselves make a big diffrence, I have only found one brand, TDK that has produced noticably better sound. It seems to make a bigger diffrence with some CDs as well. With a few of my recordings the diffrence was huge as to how much better the recorded version sounded. There has been a lot of mixed opinions and a lot of other threads on this site in regards to this, but for me personally I would prefer the sound of the CDR to the original most of the time.