Audio Recession

Is anyone seeing signs of an audio recession. Perhaps, dealers with lower inventories, dealer sales coming more often, more equipment up for sale, sellers selling to pay rent?
128x128nathanu
I agree that it is here.My sales are down 50% easily since
sept.11,and I only sell USED!!
Needless to say,my margins are way down just to move the stuff. It is indeed a great time to buy if one is in the market.
I don't see any signs of an audio recession whatsoever and sales have been very strong all year with the exception of September......We have sold fewer 10-20K preamps than expected, but think that is on account of the stock market the previous year more than 9-11.....I do keep a grocery basket in the garage just in case things get tough and have picked out a viaduct to camp under, but my retirement business is just doing great.....

Bob Crump
TG Audio/CTC Builders/DDR Mfg
good for you, bob! i've heard similar reports from others in the community who've survived prior "downturns." it was kinda fun while all those dot-com millionaires were around, but it seems they weren't really as much of a force as they've been popularly portrayed to have been. -cfb
It's a buyers market (used). $6000 speakers for $2200, $5500 amps for $2000, $700 cables for $200. I love it! My system has never been this good.