Audio CD-R's versus regular CD-R's?

Hello,

I have a computer cd burner which I use for copying music from friends' "store-bought" cd's. I am wondering if the "audio" cd-r's are really better designed for recording music and have better sound quality than the standard cd-r's, or is this just marketing? The music or audio cd-r's are more expensive so if there is not a difference between these and the standard ones, I'd rather save the money and get the standard ones. Does anybody detect a difference? Also, what brands are recommended to buy?
hamiltonmktg2d2c
Cdc, I could of course be wrong, but I have a very hard time believing (in fact, I don't believe) that it could even be a misdemeanor, let alone a felony, to make a digital copy. However, maybe you meant to say *selling* one, which could be.
Lets assume you buy the CD-R for US$0.50 and and the original is $15, the difference is like 30 to 1. Do you think you have a right to ask for a quality comparable to the original when you are actually paying 1/30th of the cost? Even if it is half as good it is still a bargain!

Those who just depend on copies usually do not have a high end system to be able to tell a difference, so that should answer you question.

Quadophile
Zaikesman, Mdomnick said it was a felony:
"First let me say that it is admirable to see you admit to a felony in a public forum; at least your honest. If only murders and drug runners (I do not concider pot a drug) would take lessons from you."
I don't know much about the law except you get in trouble if you break it.
And as for that "speed checked by radar" sign down the street, the Cop was wrong. I was doing 58 not 55. So I think his radar needs some adjustment.
But then he gave me some "certification ticket" so maybe he was right after all. Dunno, I haven't got my speedometer calibrated in a while. Where have all those "measured mile" markers gone anyhow?