Neuance or Z Slab shelf for Zoethecus rack???

I am buying a Z4R rack from Zoethecus. Is it worth the effort to go extra mile to get the Neuance shelves instead of the factory Z slab shelves??? I have heard different stories about both shelves' sonic effects. I am very confused and can't make up my mind which way to go. Thanks much for your kind inputs.
ifatchoi
Re:"If I tried a high weight range shelf under a lighter weight component, can you guess in what way the compromise would be?"

The presentation would typically have a slightly hard/edgey quality and the platform's overall effectiveness somewhat reduced as the weight loading provided by the component is used to assist the outer collection laminates of the Neuance shell to more efficiently transfer vibrational energies deep into the absorbant core where they are converted into heat.The "hardness" comes as a result of those energies not transferred and absorbed will tend to reflect at the boundary layers of the laminate structure and return to the system.
This back-reflected energy is the primary property which gives all shelves,racks and footers their own uniquely characteristic "voice".Neuance attempts to minimise that "voice" by reducing the amount of material thickness and mass to the barest minimum and therefore has an unusually low self-generated sonic signature.
The downside is that it must be produced specifically tailored to the load.It is for this reason that the device is not a stock inventoried product.
The latest generation of Neuance platforms have the broadest load range capacity to date with the most commonly used construction having a usable range of from <10 to 40+ pounds.In all, there are presently 4 Neuance constructions with overlapping load ratings. If all goes as planned, sometime late this summer a heavy duty version is expected to be ready with a projected working capacity of up to 80+ pounds(possibly more).
Best,
Ken
Hi Ken. And I'll add that you had told me years ago that ADDING weight to the top of a lighter component to effectively match the larger-spec Neuance can result in a voicing change that may or may not be desirable, correct?
Reasoning being that the vibe signature of the component (esp a lightweight CDP) is changed by putting a brick on top of it? Hope this helps. I'll get back to you for a new one for my EMC-1 UP after I sell the next Subie. Cheers.
Thanks very much for the explanations; Mr. Lyon this is getting more interesting all the time. So there are actually four different model weight ranges: can you tell us what those four ranges are? That would affect my decisions regarding weight spec. vs. which shelf to use on which component, although the 10 to 40 pound "most common" range would certainly cover the better part of most of them. I might as well pick the optimum shelf for each source, as closely as possible.
Hi Bob,
First of all,"Mr Lyon" seems a tad formal.Ken will do just fine.I wear jeans and tee-shirts most of the time and can scratch my crotch with the best of 'em.
As for the various constructions, there are indeed 4 versions at present.
When an order is placed on the cgi form,I ask all sorts of intrusive and obtuse questions regarding how the component will be used in your particular application such as what type of footer, their number,stand,etc.
I try to provide the client with their best option to combine performance with reliabilty, leaning towards the lower mass design whenever possible.
Obviously,a very heavy component on 3 sharp cone footers placed in the center of a broad shelf on spikes will require a more substantial construction than the same component having 4 rubber feet placed directly on a flat surface.
It's my job to ensure that you get the appropriate model for your particular situation and as my primary means of advertisment is word-of-mouth, behooves me to optimise your application.
Best,
Ken