Love Audio Love Cars

I want to buy a classic sports car,unfortunatly I do not
have all the funds.Have any of you sold your equipment
to purchase other toys.And if you have do you regret it?
taters
Taters,

Years ago, I made the opposite choice - I sold my hot car (a vintage '69 Camaro) to focus more on my audio gear, and I've never regretted it. Cars are a black hole for your disposable income. Besides the insurance and the upkeep and the steady depreciation, you also have all kinds of wear, tear, and road hazards to contend with. And if you add things like mag wheels, performance mods, or a cool stereo system, you never get your money back when you sell the car. Buyers are only interested in book value and good luck getting much beyond that.

Recently I bought a sporty little Acura GSR that I really like, though in the six months since I bought it I haven't driven it much. But it has depreciated. One guy clipped the bumper in a parking lot, and now it's in the shop to repair extensive hail damage from a freak storm. Luckily the hail nicked my window molding because someone tried breaking into it this past week while I was having it tuned up and broke its attachment clips near the door latch (so my insurance will cover it). I'm thinking of selling it when I finally get it back, if anyone's interested... It's loads of fun, really! :)
Rhljazz, which M3 do you own? E30, E36 or the new E46? I have a '99 E36 myself, and it's my daily commuter. I think the older E30s were pretty damn cool.

Plato, I owned a '96 GSR and loved the sound of that motor at full song. I really believe that car isn't happy unless it's revving somewhere between 5500 and 8200 RPMs.
Gunbei, mine is a 96 E36 M-3 coupe (Estoril Blue) which I use mainly for pleasure although it is not a garage queen. I would rather drive it than do the wash and wax things. I own a BMW repair shop (www.beyermotorworks.com) so parts and maintenance are not much hassle. That being said, I agree with Plato that the audio is a better investment and less expensive to maintain and I use tube preamps and amps which sometimes require service. Insurance on the M-3 runs about 1500.00 per year and that in itself would buy a lot of cd's and records or at least one new/used component to try out for the year.
Yeah Gunbei, I have a '95 in Paradise blue/green, which should be lookin' good when I get it back (hopefully tomorrow!), and it does like to rev.

It has a nice sound system too, with a CD changer, and a custom-built, powered subwoofer system containing 4 Scanspeak 8" woofers and then Morel tweeters in the door panels. It sounds decent for a "portable" system. :)
Had a big buck system in the early 90s. Sold it to buy a BMW. Had fun in the Bimmer, but too much fun. Sold it for another system. Then sold the second system and got an Acura NSX. Didn't learn my lesson the first go'round. It spent most of it's time in the garage. Had it for 2 years and put 1,000 miles on it. Just couldn't justify the huge payments vs. time spent in it so it was sold as well.I spend most of my time at home anymore and my love of music pushed me into another system. I can't afford both, although it was fun playing with both. Much happier now but there are times I most certainly miss that NSX!!!