Any recommendation for a modern FM tuner

While I am considering several classic tuners, I am wondering if any of the modern FM tuners are any good. What modern FM tuners should I consider? Why do people say that the vintage tuners sound better than the modern tuners?
What modern FM tuners are recommended? Thanks
hgeifman
If you live in a rural area and want to pick up distant stations as clear as possible (even if I do have to switch to mono), a vintage analog dial tuner picks up stations clearer than any digital tuner I have been associated with..... I am talking about "clear signal quality" from distant stations, rather than "audiophile sound quality".
Go to fmtunerinfo.com and click on shootout. A review of 63 tuners were done by an audiphile. He ranked the Meridian 504 at number 8.Quite an accomplishment for a digital tuner. Enough said. Enjoy.
7671, I was going to attempt to stay out of this, but I'll dip just a toe in: Brian is right. Period. Just because a high end company prefers to sell a stripper doesn't mean those features aren't essential! High blend and selectable IF modes weren't something someone invented to add more glitz. And Playtrim: You clearly have not used very many good digital tuners. The manner of station display has little or nothing to do with sensitivity, selectivity, or the quieting curve of the tuner. I have had vintage analogs that cost $250 used that were easily slaughtered by a cheap (but previously highly underpriced) $50 digital.

Regards,
Ryanmh1: I'm not stating these features aren't essential but obviously not needed on some tuners. The 504 is hardly a "Stripper". Read the reviews on fminfotuners.com for yourself.I have had vintage tuners as well. All I'm saying is the 504 is one heck of a tuner and will compete with most anything without added "Essentials".Please, let this one lie and die with dignity. Thanks.
Ryanmh1: I'm not stating these features aren't essential but obviously not needed on some tuners. The 504 is hardly a "Stripper". Read the reviews on fminfotuners.com for yourself.I have had vintage tuners as well. All I'm saying is the 504 is one heck of a tuner and will compete with most anything without added "Essentials".Please, let this one lay and die with dignity. Thanks.