best sounding integrated for under 2500.00

just getting back into audio. want this to be my last purchase. like smooth warm sounding equipment as i listen to alot of metal and rock from the 80s. this can sound harsh on alot of equipment. been researching for months and im getting more confused by the minute. i thought creek destiny or krell 300 might do the trick. any other suggestions. powering psb stratus golds.
vikingnick
Yes, great integrated, but not for OPs speakers IMHO. 84db, 2.8 impedance dip in bass region and impedance swings all over the place based on 1997 Stereophile measurements, exactly what a tube amp does not want to see in a speaker.
I've owned a couple of integrateds recently. PS Audio GCC 250, Krell 400xi, TAD 60 tube integrated, the Rowland Concentra that I recently sold FAR outclasses them all. I moved on to more expensive separates and sometimes wonder how much more I'm getting. Plus the Rowland is a piece of art to look at.

Good Luck in your search
I would also say the "V2" model of the Cambridge Audio 840A, even though I'm getting ready to sell mine due to system consolidation. It's a fantastic integrated. I wasn't a big fan of the first version, but the V2 model is outstanding.

Another, that's actually a tad better than the 840A in my opinion, is the Vincent Audio SV-336MK. It's a hybrid integrated with a 12AX7 based preamp married to a 150w SS amplifier section. Outstanding build and sound quality.
Also. I listen tons lot of the same music you do I imagine. Huge NWOBHM fan (Holocaust, Blitzkrieg, Diamond Head, Limelight, etc). Up the Irons!