best sounding integrated for under 2500.00

just getting back into audio. want this to be my last purchase. like smooth warm sounding equipment as i listen to alot of metal and rock from the 80s. this can sound harsh on alot of equipment. been researching for months and im getting more confused by the minute. i thought creek destiny or krell 300 might do the trick. any other suggestions. powering psb stratus golds.
vikingnick
Two integrateds that I'm surprised to see haven't been mentioned and that you might consider would be the Ayre, which can generally be had for less than $2k used, and the Naim NAIT 5i. Both make music.

Happy listening.
I have the Atoll components. Great sound, never had a problem.
You can get Atoll AM200 power amp and PR300 pre for $2200 from
http://www.musicalsounds.us/opbxspl.php
Rega Elicit, Plinius 9200 ( maybe a bit over your budget but worth it, imo) the Creek Destiny is very good unless it breaks, damhik, ARC Vsi55, Atoll is also a nice piece, but weak resale value I'm afraid.
Is there an integrated amp in the $2,000-$2,500 should avoid? Other than tube ones? I get the feeling you can hardly go wrong with an SS integrated in that price range, though they may be a clunker out there to avoid.
I don't think there are any actual "dogs" I think there will be better sonic choices for the OP's speakers. If the choice will be solid state I'd stick to something that errors on the musical side rather than the more neutral, PSB's are a nice speaker but with the aluminum dome tweeter I'd be careful with my amp choice. The Plinius 9200 would work well and if the OP isn't going to really crank things up the Rega Elicit is a really musical amp too.