best sounding integrated for under 2500.00

just getting back into audio. want this to be my last purchase. like smooth warm sounding equipment as i listen to alot of metal and rock from the 80s. this can sound harsh on alot of equipment. been researching for months and im getting more confused by the minute. i thought creek destiny or krell 300 might do the trick. any other suggestions. powering psb stratus golds.
vikingnick
More I think about it a used Plinius 9200 would be a great choice.. Lot's of power, very musical, non-fatiguing can easily drive a 4 ohm load, good phono section, built like a tank. I had one for almost 7 years and it was built proof never an issue and it took me a long time to find something that really was better.. and it was tubes, which wouldn't drive those PSB's you have.
atoll 200.creek destiny. musical fidelity a5. plinius 9200 has come up alot. which would be better sounding and reliable for psb stratus golds.
Vikingnick, IMO, you should seriously consider the Atoll pre/amp option. Think of it as a 2-piece high current integrated amp, which has 124000 mf capacitance and 1000 VA power transformer. Now, can you get something like that for $2200?
I highly doubt that.
Creek is nice I had one, it blew up.. took MONTHS to get fixed because it's made in China and Creek UK (forget Music Hall) had to wait to get the parts needed from China to fix it.. That's only one data point but I sold it shortly after and replaced it with a Rega Elicit. The Rega won't really drive your PSB's, it's only 80 wpc. Atoll is very nice but no resale value, if that's ok then consider it. The Plinius, and again I had one for almost 7 years and never a hiccup, has got all the power you'll need (200 wpc) and is sonically outstanding, tons of great reviwes and has been a TAS editors choice in it's price range numerous times. Plinius has after almost eight years come out with a replacement for the 9200 (Hautonga) so there are a few good buys on used 9200's, fyi the 9200 really haven't changed much but the later versions did add a balanced input. Seems that 9200's get snapped up pretty quick on the 'Gon so if that's the direction you want to go you'll need to keep your eyes open. Oh and Musical Fidelity, I haven't owned one but they have always gotten good press and are certainly a worthy product.