best sounding integrated for under 2500.00

just getting back into audio. want this to be my last purchase. like smooth warm sounding equipment as i listen to alot of metal and rock from the 80s. this can sound harsh on alot of equipment. been researching for months and im getting more confused by the minute. i thought creek destiny or krell 300 might do the trick. any other suggestions. powering psb stratus golds.
vikingnick
i have a cambridge 640 phono preamp. do you think its as good as the phono sections of these amps. or should i sell it and get a amp with a phono built in.
what do people think of the yamaha s2000? is it in the same class as the integrateds were talking about. im really talking about sound quality.
I haven't heard the Cambridge phono. I'd say get the new amp and then compare, sell the Cambridge if it's not as good. As for the Yamaha, it maybe a good sounding amp , in fact I'm sure it's a good sounding amp; is it better than a Plinius .. I'd be very very surprised if it is :-)
Grant Fidelity A-534B juiced up with premium black treasures and Psvane driver tubes all around. Complete with remote for less than your reference price. Superb performance!
Smooth sounding and warm...check out the Marantz integrateds.

Right in your budget, new or used, all well reviewed.