Tell us compliments received on your system...

So, it is common for a non-audiophile to doubt the need for high-end gear. Describe a compliment you remember from one of these folks when they hear your set-up.

I had one a while back that was kinda fun. Fellow saw my Dyn monitors and severely doubted they produced the bass that he was hearing. I told him there was no sub on- he looked all over until he found my sub in the corner. "What's this then?" he asked. "It's not on" I said, then I went over and turned it on. The sub is real clean- now he complained it wasn't boomy enough. I thought that was quite a compliment-even tho he didn't know it. Heheh ;-)

RW

128x128rwbadley
What kind of center channel is that? Where is your center channel speaker? Is this a 5.1 or 7.1 system?..It sounds as if there are no speakers in the room. They are gone...I cannot believe that bass..All from and about those 2 Caravelles..Tom
Tom, What happened to the caveat you usually add to your promotions, i.e. that you sell Caravelle's? Not everyone knows who you are.
My wife--and audio cynic extraordinaire--is a pretty tough crowd. She doesn't deny that she can hear the difference between components and setups; she actually has a very good ear. She just doesn't think it's worth the stupid amount of money some people (read: I) pay. I can't exactly say she's wrong. :) Anyway, I've heard this woman critique systems upwards of 150k, and she can be merciless with her remarks. I was therefore pleased (not to mention atonished) when, after listening to a few selections from Randy Newman's latest album, she gets up from the listening chair and smiles, "That sounds REALLY good, honey." After all the effort and money I've put into my system, maybe I was expecting a little more, say, ebullience, but pleasing the harshest critic in your household has to be worth something, right?
Hooper, it is worth something! It might be worth another upgrade in the future ;-) Just think how hard it would be to convince her if your investment didn't sound good now.
"Meh.... not bad, seen better, seen worse. You got any beers?"

From my buddy Jonny.