New marketing tatic what`s your take?

I just received the latest issue of Stereophile. I noticed a Disc from Dynaudio inside the plastic outer cover, I tore it open and drooled on the cover with the picture of the new Halcro DM 38. After loseing intrest with the cover I went to the computer and put the Dynaudio disc in the CD ROM. After watching the disc I pondered why other companies that are trying to get the image of their product`s to the comsumer`s mind have not thought of this? David
cylinderking_1
Expensive ads for niche market merchandise let you know a nice portion of the price of the item will be going into the ads, not into the product.

KP
There just trying to make a buck like anybody else. After all there not making speakers for there health!
I happened to get the disk on return from a business trip where I just heard Dynaudio speakers for the first time, so I found it interesting and timely. Granted, the long form advertising could have been more lively, and it could have gone into more technical depth; hard to do both though. I don't expect too much from an engineer-as-spokesmodel.

On my day off in Toronto, at one store I listened to the Dynaudio Special 25 on moderately priced Arcam electronics. Then I went to another store and heard the Focus Audio FS 788, which as many will know, uses Dynaudio's Revelator tweeter. This was driven by a combination of Ayre electronics, and a big PS Audio power amp. I was most impressed with both applications; so much so that I'm starting to lean towards something with this treated silk dome tweeter. Previously, I was far more used to various metal domes.
How mortifying. Got my info crossed. Is it correct, at least, that the Revelator is another treated silk dome, or did I get that wrong too?