Tube amps with Apogee Scintilla's your thoughts ?

I should receive my Apogee Scintilla's tomorrow. Just wondering what is going to happen when I throw the switch to the on position on my old VTL 300 mono's.
Will they handle it or will they expire ?
These are the original 1 ohm version. If there are any users (past or present), what kind of amps did you use on your Scintilla's ? thanks for your thoughts (prayers for the vtl's might help)
bobspeak
Bob Carver has a pair of the Scintillas, the best speaker ever made according him. He has designed several tube mono blocks that has 1 ohm taps specifically for the speakers. The Cherry 180 (200 watts), Black Beauty (300 watts) and Siver Seven remake (900 watts). I have the Cherry 180. They are good sounding KT88 push pull amps. I don't have the Scintillas though.
Wolcott if you can find a pair. Excellent with Apogees. Manley Neo classic 500's or maybe their Neo 250's...might do a good job. Try to stay with tubes unless you absolutely can't find any that will work. I run Apogee Duetta Sigs (which are much much easier to drive) and run tubes exclusively (I'm actively bi-amping to get the best dynamics). SS can't do what tubes can and on Apogee ribbons it is pure bliss. Try the VTL's [carefully] and if they won't hold up, keep seeking tubes as much as you can.
Good luck and keep us informed.
Grant
I would be surprised if the VTLs can't hack it. If they can't, find yourself a set of Quicksilver monos. Several Quicksilvers have a 1 ohm tap. Even my old Silver 90s have a 1 ohm tap.

Try the VTLs and let us know what happens.