Fedex or UPS?

Which is the safer bet when shipping something heavy such as an amplifier? I have never shipped such a heavy item before. Thanks
audiofire5228
There is no safe bet when shipping electronics; but would advise that you pack it as tight as you can get in your box (so it doesn't move when you shake the box). Then repeat this process (in case they drop it)! If you try to save on packing, you will probably pay for it in a damaged amp. I have used both with good luck, but usually go with FedEx ground due to preferance. Best, Charlie
I have had the most horible expierence in my life dealing with Fedex ground home delivery last week.It is not the world class Fedex express company that we all know.The CS reps are incompetent.Go with UPS.Never a problem.My last expierence with UPS was perfect.
UPS just delivered some 95 pound Soliloquy speakers for me. Left them out in the weather, no signature, stacked on their sides as opposed to upright, boxes tore all to heck and back. No wonder he didn't stick around!! They were fortunately not damaged but I can't use the boxes again (almost $100 for a new set that UPS WILL NOT pay for since the speakers weren't damaged). They do this all the time to me though I attempt to force everyone I deal with to ship FedEx Ground (some won't).

UPS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DHL may be an alternative.
The only way I've seen things come thru safe is strapped to a pallet and shipped freight where they had to use a fork truck.
You do, but you can minimize the risk by making sure that the amp CANNOT shift in the inner box (2-3 layers of large bubble wrap is good) and then placed in a 2nd box with peanuts tight between 2 boxes. For a heavy, dense item like an amp, peanuts are useless in the first box, the item will shift around and work its way to the outside. Also, re-inforce the box vertically, by placing a right angle folded piece of corrugated in each corner, that extends snuggly, from top to bottom.