Fedex or UPS?

Which is the safer bet when shipping something heavy such as an amplifier? I have never shipped such a heavy item before. Thanks
audiofire5228
Fed Ex Air is much safer than Fed Ex ground (same is true for UPS). I would never ship a piece of electronic equipment via their GROUND services with either Fed Ex or UPS. The handling on air is much lighter and safer.
I have been disappointed in both Fed Ex and UPS with their ground shipping. So far, so good with Fed Ex 3 Day Air.
Rgds,
Larry
I ordered wiring/teflon from exactly 45 miles away. It was promised to be here today. It was apparently on the truck at 3am this morning. I phoned UPS at 7:30pm and was assured that it would be here. I just tracked it at 9pm, and saw that the driver put a comment on the file that "no one was available for a signature." I've been sitting five feet from the front door most of the day, and certainly for the past couple of hours. No, they did not leave an attempted delivery slip. Why? Because the driver never came by. And needless to say, I didn't get the package. Oh, and the customer service center is now closed. Ugghhhh!
Boa, I wonder, are you in California? The same things has happened to me on more than one occasion using UPS. It has gotten to where I will not buy from a seller who will only ship UPS. Now, I do think that much of the one carrier vs. another debate depends on where you are located. When I lived in the Midwest, UPS was golden. Never a problem. Here in the Bay Area, California, they absolutely SUCK and FedEx is FAR superior (air or ground). As it turns out, and for things that are too heavy or large, I have the most success using USPS. Insured is they key, though, I think that is the only way to be reasonably assured they will take relatively good care.
4yanx, as a matter of fact, I am in Sacramento. I purchased some stuff from Michael Percy Audio, which is in Nevada City. I can drive there in under 45 minutes. 2 days later, I still don't have the package. Thanks for the info.
Regards,
Howard
The driver finally showed up at 12:30pm today (I was promised no later than 11:30am), and he left the package at the front door. He apparently no longer needed a signature, as he didn't even knock on the door. When I walked out the front door to ask him why he no longer needed a signature, he yelled, "Don't need one," jumped in the truck, and drove off. It's kind of funny, actually, because I see that now 15 minutes later, he's returned to make a delivery right across the street. Yes, UPS sucks!