Is 9'x11' too small?

I am considering using a small home office as a dedicated listening room. I could clear out the room and have it dedicated to gear only (and a chair or two and CD racks). This would allow me to acoustically treat the space (as I can't now in my listening room of the living room). The problem is (or might be) and my question to you is; the room is only 9'x11'x8', is this too small?
jh2os
Kehut, thanks for your response. I would probably stick with Totem, but move to the Arro or Mite if I move to the smaller room. I think they would be less likely to interact with the room of this size than the Tabu.
Not in my experience. I tend to prefer smaller listening spaces. I use a SET amp with JMR Trente speakers in a small room and it's spectacular. Lots of low level details come through at low and on up volumes.
No Way!!! It's a great size - intimate, easy to fill, good bass reproduction. Make sure you take the time to place your speakers and equipment perfectly, and don't be afraid to put lots of stuff on the walls and in the corners. You can make magic in a room that size.
Thanks for your thoughts everyone! I am getting excited about this possibilty now, I was thinking I would be getting an opposite reaction! I drew up a potential floor plan and posted it here: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vopin&1106460038&view

Any comments/suggestions?
The previous room for my system had exactly that size (9x11 x 8 high) and a very similar setup to the one you are planning. What is the ceiling height? Probably 8 or 9 feet as well. You might have some trouble with the 50-60Hz peak (first room modes) and the 100-120Hz higher harmonics, especially since all modes have about the same length. Moving the speakers out the way you did will certainly help quite a bit. Monitor speakers that roll of around 50-60Hz will help as well since that is the region where the room will reinforce the bass.

I prefer the medium size room I have right now (10x17 x 9). The sound is more balanced and I still have a nearfield setup to avoid coupling to room modes.

The smaller room should work well but placement will be very critical. As long as you leave some room during the planning stage for moving around speakers and for adjusting the listening position you should do fine.

Good luck,

Rene