Thoughts on vibration elimination...

A couple of months back I was experienceing a rather nasty vibration situation in my room which involved my turntable, a wall mount stand, and, I think, my subwoofer system. The problem was reasonably effectively addressed by constructing a floor mounted stand from MDF, PVC plumbing fittings, and tennis balls.

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a half bad idea to try and isolate my power amps as well, since they are presently sitting on the floor and they have tubes in them. My question is: Do vibration dampening materials tend to be component specific, or environment specific? In other words, because of the size of the room (15' x 14'), and the nature of the construction (basement, concrete floor with, studs and drywall on the walls), will the MDF/PVC/tennis ball contraption work yet again, or do power amps require a different solution based on the nature of their construction/operation.

Any help or opinions greatly appreciated!
esoxhntr
Two other options to consider: Neuance platform from Greater Ranges, and Symposium Rollerblocks. Both are available with money back return policies. In my experience, the Symposium Rollerblocks are easier to use than the Aurios 1.2, but I don't have experience with Aurios Pro. In my particular application, the Neuance shelf works better than Audiopoints or a Sistrum platform.

As always your experience may be different.

Rlxl, all the forms of feet and vibration control devices have their own levels of efficiency and sonic effects. Roller blocks typically are items which perform as a transfer device in the vertical plane, and a dissipator in the horizontal plane.

As Tvad mentions above, each person's preference and the makeup of their system can influence what they like best.

As a manufacturer's representative for Starsound, it would probably be in bad taste for me to make any comments about other manufacturer's products except to say that those ones you mentioned seem to be fairly popular on the market.
Buy "Vibrapods"...agreeing with the weight of your equipment!

Superb sound with my vintage Technics DD SL-120 table!

Good Luck!

ALEX!