PS Audio Multiwave

Anybody heard the Power Plant upgrade? What do you think?
Ag insider logo xs@2xdrubin
Yea, I guess I'd like to know what it sounds like too, but I'm not gonna know, cause I'm with Sagger. You'd think they would have given me just one chance to dust my P300 before making me feel I needed upgrading. Great product, but PSA, you are well on your way to becoming a typical American business. Yuck!
I'm interested in hearing what it sounds like but I'm having a hard time getting one. I called one of the dealers to order it (1st mistake) the second day it became available. I've heard twice, "we are getting a shipment in a few days and we'll send one out". On my second call, they (I will disclose the dealer soon if I don't get one) claim they don't have a record of me ordering one. When I called PSAudio, they say my name is not on the dealer's list. I'm finding that this dealer in general is flakey for other reasons related to previous orders (claims to be able to still get ByBee internal p300 filter mod, then says he can't). He is also a well known dealer.
I suggest you work directly with PS Audio. Notwithstanding the remarks above about their pricing, I have found them to be a good company to deal with--efficient, customer-oriented, etc. I also admire the way they have used the Internet as a channel to market and sell directly to customers while at the same time building a large dealer network. Their business model is proving to be an Internet-era success story for the high end, it seems to me. Not applicable to all audio product categories certainly, but impressive still.
I bought the 300 about 6months ago and am very pleased. I can't believe there is already an upgrade and what is worse it costs 30% of the total payment. Pretty savvy marketing to us suckers. When is the next upgrade? It is a good reason to wait to purchase a new product until they're research and development can catch up to their initial product.
I think I'll stay out of the marketing discussion and get right to the point of the initial question. How does multiwave sound? I've been running multiwave in a P300 for about 3 weeks (it took about 3-4 weeks from web order to delivery). There are multiple multiwave choices, some are easily discernable, others more subtle (e.g., I couldn't hear a difference). What I have found is that the image depth increases and most notably the transient attack (e.g., cymbals, snare drum)is much more sharp/quick. These differences are clearly evident and repeatable. All for the better. Heat: I purchased the fan kit and the multiwave board and installed them at the same time (really, a no-brainer if you pay attention to the very detailed instructions). I can not hear the fan unless I put my ear very close to the unit. Does it get any hotter than before the install? I can't really tell. The unit does get warm to the touch, no question (it did before too). The unit has worked flawlessly since I bought it about 2 months ago. I'm running a tube preamp, a DAC and a transport into it and running less that 100W. Hope this helps. Bob