Fuses that matter.

I have tried six different fuses, including some that were claimed to not be directional. I have long used the IsoClean fuses as the best I have heard. No longer! I just got two 10 amp slow-blows WiFi Tuning Supreme fuses that really cost too much but do make a major difference in my sound. I still don't understand how a fuse or its direction can alter sound reproduction for the better, but they do and the Supreme is indeed! I hear more detail in the recordings giving me a more holographic image. I also hear more of the top and bottom ends. If only you could buy them for a couple of bucks each.
tbg
12-23-12: Polyglot
>>Avatar is the AMR North American distributor that I contacted. Still no reply.

Ditto, after sending a couple of reminder emails and voice mails I gave up and ordered Liquid Nanos, hopefully bettering my HiFi Supremes.
Polyglot (Threads | Answers | This Thread)
Interesting, I thought they only blow one off inquiring warranty work.

Marqmike, from my experience, Liquid Nanos adds a bloom to the sound compared to Supremes that is advantageous in some systems.
Still no reply from Avatar(AMR), so the Supreme fuses went back in.
I had forgotten what they contributed to my enjoyment.
Took the WA chips off the stock fuses and re-applied to the Supremes.Don't do this too many times,less sticky each time you re-place them.

To sum up, until I can source some AMR fuses( slo blo-large size-.5 amp, and 5amp-two of each), the Supremes reign supreme in my system.

Going from stcok WA chipped fuse to WA chip Supremes was like changing to a nice tube amp from a decent solid state amp.

Or, I could say, it made my tube amps sound like better tube amps.

Lacee,

I found that the chips didn't want to stay wrapped around the fuses. So I bought a chip for each fuse, put them on the fuses and then placed scotch tape over them to hold them down.

At only $9.00 a piece, I thought going that route was easier than trying to apply and reapply the chips.

As far a receiving a response from Avatar, I'll email Darren and Bonnie and let them know about all of this.

Chuck
Update

AMR: I called again to Avatar and had a nice chat with Darren. Turned out they were very (or too) busy prepping for the CES last couple of weeks and Debbie had an mid-ear infection. So finally the fuses are ordered and on their way. Lacee, you may want to give them another or final try (or wait till CES is over).

Liquid Nano (got the recent generation of grey liquid, supposed to be better sounding according to Jerry): much better, IME, than the HiFi Gold and IsoClean, not sure they will replace the HiFi Supreme for now; indeed a tad bloomy.

May order some Synergistic to close off this round of comparison for myself.