Bryston 28bsst2 worthy upgrade from a krell fpb70?

I am using a magnepan mg 20.7, i was wondering if the bryston 28bsst2 is in the same league or better than my older krell fpb700? The krell is already 11 years old and am thinking of moving on to something new. Btw preamp is a jadis jps2

Thanks in advance
lecram
Hi Lecram,

Funny since I was to write a similar post. I have a pair of refurbished Apogee Duetta Signatures powered by Krell FPB-350 MCX monoblocks. The Bryston 28 bsst2 and Classe 600 monoblocks are some of the amps I am looking into to eventually replace my Krells. Looking forward to the replies of the Gon community.

Both you and I understand the quality power requirements of these planar speaker are requesting :-)

Hi dasign

May i know your reason why you want to move on from your krell 350mcx? I am actually satisfied with my krells but am wondering if the brystons or the new classe to be better than the older 10 year old designs from krell?

Hoping for advise from the experts who have heard these amplifiers
I have done modds to my krell 700cx, it has a modern day high resolution sound now that is just uncanny compaired to what it did sound like, the amps mentioned by all of you here to me would not come close to comparison to what this krell is doing for performance now, just my opinion, for what it is worth.
Hi Lecram,

Altough I like my Krells, I would like to have a beefier SS amp with latest design technology. The Krells still sound very good but are getting old, even tough I have recently recapped them.

The Bryston was favorably rated in The Absolute Sound magazine by HP as well as the Classe 600 Watt Monos. Just time to change :-) and these are great contenders.