Bryston 28bsst2 worthy upgrade from a krell fpb70?

I am using a magnepan mg 20.7, i was wondering if the bryston 28bsst2 is in the same league or better than my older krell fpb700? The krell is already 11 years old and am thinking of moving on to something new. Btw preamp is a jadis jps2

Thanks in advance
lecram
01-04-15: Audiolabyrinth
Hi Joecasey, yes, I have listened to Bryston many times, most of what they make is good for the money, however, The krell 700cx is better sounding to me than the 28B, this is preferance, I like the sound of class A amplification, there are many older amp's out there that has a better sound than new amp's of today, I have seen 20 year old tube amp's sound incredible with 1940's nos tubes, it's not like amplification has done leap's and bound's with technology like digital of today has,this is my opinion, we all have different opinion's.
I much prefer modern day SS and tube amplification. Yep, to each his own.
The Bryston 28B SST2 is the one enquired by Lecram, not the first generation 28B. The SST2 version sounds a whole lot different and better.
Joecasey, The krell 700cx is not obsolete by no means, my amp is totally new with 2014 internal part's, it is modded by krell them self's, just the inside I put $4,000.00 into at this point, and looking to add another $400.00 inside as well, the outside tweak's are nearing $1,300.00 just in top Furutech product's, my chassis is also in new condition, mint, 10/10.
My only concern with my krell fpb700 is its reliability in the coming years since it is nearing 10 years already, but if the consensus is that if the 700 cx is better than the 28bsst2, then i would gladly live with the krell forever and cross my fingers it will not break down in the next 5 years at least,

Its nice if i could just comoare both side by side. But im quite happy with the krell amp paired with a jadis jps2 pre amp...