Amp for Sonus Faber Amati Futura

Dear all,

I have recently purchased the Amati Futura, i am happy with the craftmanship with it.

The sound was a huge difference compare to my previous Marten Bird, my current amp is vitus SS101 + SL102, I found that somehow it is a little too mellow and lacking of heavy bass..

Any good suggestion of power amp? I was thinking Boulder either 1050 x 2 or 2060 to match with vitus SL102..

Please help :)
vkcc
I used a Boulder 2060 with the Futura's with grest succcess. However, I can't comment on using the Vitus SL102 with the Boulder.
Can you describe a little bit on the sound with boulder and Amati?
Is the bass any good?
I'm sure some will disagree - especially tube amp fans - but in my opinion big speakers like yours need big power and especially big current.

So noting that your Vitus monoblocks only put out 100 watts, I'm wondering if a lack of strength is your issue more than anything about the way the Vitus are voiced. FYI, this year's Stereophile review of your speakers used 600 watt Classe and 440 watt MBL monoblocks.

If you want to stay with Class A amps, Gryphon amps are noted for being bass monsters and for providing high current. And my Symphonic Line Kraft 250s provide very strong bass as well to my Revel Salon 2s, which are also large speakers and even less efficient than yours.

In any event, if you are thinking about Boulder amps then you obviously are in a good position to look at brands like those I mentioned above, along with other well-regarded brands such as FM Acoustics, Soulution, Goldmund, Clayton, Spectral etc. etc. etc. Happy hunting!
Can you describe a little bit on the sound with boulder and Amati?
Is the bass any good?
How about Violalab, Bravo2 power amp. It's dynamic and musicality with Amati futura is excellent.