New Beryllium drivers by Usher at CES2005

In preparation for my upcoming visit to Vegas, I was browsing through the list of exhibitors on the www.cesweb.org to compile a list of new product highlights when I came across the accouncement from Usher that they will be introducing new Beryllium drivers (tweeter & mid-range). I thought this interesting, so wanted to share.
Usher Beryllium Driver 1
Usher Beryllium Driver 2
gaudio_eek
I wonder if Usher's Beryllium drivers will be available as replacement drivers for some of their current speakers such as the amazing CP-777, which I currently own.
Not that they need any help!
Seems unlikely that a totally different technology like Be drivers would just fit a carefully engineered speaker design - the crossover frequencies and electrical requirements might be quite different. Maybe with a special crossover kit, but just as a drop in replacement, it seems unlikely.
Since Usher sells their drivers, you should be able to obtain specs for the drivers in your current speakers as well as the Be drivers and compare their specs as far as freq. response, imedance and phase go to see if they seem to be a close match.
i own a pair of the new usher cp-777mk2 with beryllium tweeter.
i think i am most likely the first north american owner of one of these, the new beryllium tweeter is amazing in itself, smoot with extension to boot without ever becoming agressive in any way,a gem of a high frequency driver!
i do not know wich drivers usher used in the first version(woofers that is),the new version has dual 7" top of the line ETON woofers.(probably the only non-usher driver in a usher speaker)

imaging is great without topping some monitors i have owned before but once again this is nowhere a monitor sized speaker despite its standmount status! they are a little big for my listening room(11' by 18' by 8')and placement was long to find the right" spot" but well worth it trust me, the bass is just so extended with a nicely integrated midrange that just soars.
great on vocals thats for shure, violins , cellos, flutes,piano ...you name it! ...it sound very close to the real thing.
these come at a price tough,6800$u.s retail but if you are about to spend that kind of money on a speaker do not buy anything without auditioning these.
how much does a pair of mini utopias from jm lab go for?
if you get my drift you will understand!
...heat pipe, then they aren't Eton's 'top of the line' as you say. http://www.solen.ca/eto.htm

They sound like nice speakers though - I'm jealous! I like the DAppolito layout and the the Eton drivers are top notch (some would say and I would not disagree - the best bar none, except maybe for the Accutons.

Enjoy!