Speakers for Lamm ML2.1

I am pretty close to making a decision on speakers for my Lamm ML2.1. I listen to jazz and classical music mainly. Front end is currently Wadia but will probably switch to EMM set up. I have a Budget of $50,000 for the speakers. I usually prefer to buy new. Room size is currenly 20x21 with 9 ft ceiling, however custom room once the speakers are bought. Wanted to hear from experianced audiophiles on which direction they would go.

comments appreaciated
thx andy
rumney510
Rumney510, be sure not to overlook the Sonus Faber Stradivari (92db)- I have been running them with Lamm ML2's/ Lamm Reference Pre since April last year and have never been happier. My room is 11m x 5m x 3m. I listen to jazz,female vocals and classical.They have absolutely no problem driving the Stradivari's to more than adequate levels.

I use Cardas Golden Reference IC's and Golden Cross speaker cable.
Rumney510: The Von Schweikert VR-9SE is a speaker that would easily be driven by ML2.1's. We have had lower power on them in a slightly larger room and they were easily driven to levels we would never listen to. They have a 96db sensitivity and the built in subwoofer is powered by a 1000 watt amplifier. They would be an incredibly easy load for the LAMM's.

Especially in a room such as yours, the VR-9SE's with their adjustability with the integrated powered subwoofer, gain controls for the tweeters and super tweeter make them a speaker you should strongly consider. The speaker is remarkable and works anywhere.

As the distributor for the VSA elite line, I would be happy to direct you to a place for audition.
(it seems) ...Lamm loads his output stage to push up the harmonics
Strange, why would they do this??
If this were indeed the case, then full-range drivers' characteristics would be indicated (Lowther, Fostex Supravox type), ideally their 16ohm versions.
Wright also notes: Find a loudspeaker that would be fine “as is” and then let ML2 to do with it whatever it could.
I agree. Moreover, at a possible 50k investment you are certainly entitled to outstanding transducers! Cheers
Romy , did you ever hear an ALE P series compression drivers system together with ML2 ? You should , it will make you smile happily for the first time in your last ten years :)
Zanden combo and room treatment help a lot as well.
The thing is speakers are more critical than amps ( just found out that - as an amp freak - after buying 3 dozens of "ultra" high end amps and "only" one dozen of speakers, all for research & pleasure purposes)