Anyone familiar with the Manger driver?

Sounds like a new and innovative approach to a speaker design. The big question is, HOW DOES IT SOUND? Some interesting stuff on their website MANGER, but I'm curious to know the impressions of people who have actually heard one...I didn't make it to the CES this year.
fatparrot
My Manger project utilize 2 dual voice coil Scan speak 8" Kevlar (100watts per driver perside) and twin tower 2x15" JBL woofers (total of 4).
Now that's what I'd call refreshingly serious stuff!!
I assume the Scan was a 8546 - but w/ dual VC -- filling in midbass b/ween Manger & JBLs?

Actually, a contemporary Manger I tried briefly has a smooth pattern in the mid/upper-region (s/thing bumpy ~7kHz, never figured out what it was).

Thank you for the descrip.
Hey Guys,

A bit of updated info re: the Manger driver.

Daniela Manger has indeed further refined the driver which is now quite linear in response and impedance. Much easier to drive and achieve even more spectacular results.

Now the caveat, since the driver is lightning fast, an amplifier that can keep up is optimal. However, superb results can be obtained with many amplifiers out there on the market. Contact us if you have questions about a specific model.

I have always preferred what ESL, Ribbons, etc can do well and I find similar qualities in the Manger. And without the physical size and required room dimensions. Even the 2-way ZeroBox 109 (19" tall) with the 8" ScanSpeak carbon-bass driver that takes over at 140 hz is extraordinary. The 109 puts other much more expensive loudspeakers to shame in all the audiophile areas and yet sounds so naturally real & live.

More info at http://www.tmhaudio.com/Manger.htm

Jim Ricketts/tmh audio
No problem Greg,

As for the dual VC Scanspeaks, never saw anything like them before or after, I bought 6 from Madisound, used 2 in a car stereo system and the 4 in the Manger system.

Must have been ordered by a manufacturer and it didn't work out etc.

BTW TMH,

Anytime you want the best amps for the Manger's, I can get them for you. Will absolutely blow your mind and the cost about <$4000 retail 3 channel and to be honest no money will get you much better. :) The designer will build them (OEM) in your name if you like. Just design the faceplate and poof TMH Audio amplifiers.
D_edwards,

Thanks for the info re: the amps - feel free to send to me jim@tmhaudio.com

But I must say our Metronome Class-A mono amps (AMT-70 and AMT-140) are fast, ultra-wide bandwidth, detailed and so clear & pure. Great power supply for explosive dynamics, too!

More info at http://www.tmhaudio.com/Metronome.htm

I've been a tube guy forever and using the Manger's with a quality solid state amplifier is nothing short of breathtaking.

Jim Ricketts/tmh audio
I have heard all the Manger speakes made by the company. The best result comes out with powerful fast amps.I got a fantastic sound using 103s with Gamut electronics.Both these products have their detractors,but brought together under the right conditions,the combination can take on some the best.I suggest all Manger users to try using Gamut electronics with Mangers.When using Gamut,please use their own balanced interconnect cable only.
Sphere.