Anyone familiar with the Manger driver?

Sounds like a new and innovative approach to a speaker design. The big question is, HOW DOES IT SOUND? Some interesting stuff on their website MANGER, but I'm curious to know the impressions of people who have actually heard one...I didn't make it to the CES this year.
fatparrot
Hi Shadorne,

Good question! There is actally a Manger phase plug, they call it a "hollow profile" and you can read about it on the Manger site. I have tried it and I dont like it. It's a big flat piece of clear plastic that covers half(!) of the driver. Basically the Manger produces too much signal if that makes any sense. The way the bending wave generates sound means that it produces two of everything and in theory covering half the driver improves imaging.
But its ugly and my Prey units dispersion pattern is almost perfect.
The bottom line is with my Prey head units you have a superb but narrow "perfect" sweet spot and everywhere else in the room gets a very natural but not pin sharp , musical sound.
I hope this helps!

Cheers

Derek.
Dear Derek,
I must congratulate you on the progress you have made with the product line over the past 2-3 years. There was a point, when I really feared that the unforgiving commercial audio mafia would not allow a shinning light like Overkill Audio to survive, as it has happened to many great products in the past. Once again my best wishes are with you for the success of your brave venture.
Sphere.
Thanks Sphere!
It's very encouraging to get a positive comment rather than the usual " if its not what I have its no good" response that I usually get when I post the ocasional article on Audiogon.
I am going to have another go at posting my "Eardrums & loudspeakers" article tomorrow ( they removed the old one when the cone and dome guys complained, they thought I might make a sale!) after I edit out all the Overkill Audio name and product names and sales pitch stuff. I have posted it on another forum and its great fun to watch the feathers fly!

All the best and thanks again for your kind words.

Cheers

Derek.
Overkillaudio, I was one of those that objected to your previous thread, and while I currently use cones and domes, that had nothing to do with my objection. This forums integrity could be compromised if blatant advertising such as yours was permited. If you can find your way to market your products appropriately, I wish you the best of luck.