Would you buy speakers with out first listening ?

I've never owned a pair of speakers that I have not listened to before hand...do you guys trust and buy on opinion? If so, have you experienced any great "let down".

Dave
sogood51
I've purchased four different speakers without first listening to them -- all four were excellent, only sold them to try new and different speakers / system configurations.
I would recommend a good amount of research before you purchase speakers.
Twice, and happy both times. Some types are not available in stores.

This can save you a lot of money. If it's a mail-order deal, make sure you know whether crating/shipping is covered your way. My last pair had these included and the total out if I didn't like them would have been $80.

I know another guy that was out almost $300 when he had to ship his back.
I've only heard one of the four pairs of speakers that have bought in the past. I have liked every one of my purchases, with no regrets. After time, you kind of develop a knack for reading "between the lines" of reviews and feedback, whether professional or not, to determine if certain speakers will work for you.
Come on Joey :-)..Montgomery isn't that bad. ATL and Birmingham are not too far up the road. Your more than welcome to stop by and get your mind blowed since we are distant neighbors.
I've bought speakers without listening a couple of times.
Never been let down..actually I was more let down by the ones I auditioned and then brought home.LOL

I'm waiting on PeteWhitley to get his Bob Brines speakers so I can raid his house!
I purchased several speakers without auditioning them and have only been disatisfied once. Believe it or not it was a pair of Vandersteen 2CE Signatures. Although they sound fine, they were way to big for my room. Actually like Gmood1, the speakers I was most unhappy with, after living with them for a while, were Thiel 1.5s.
Research is key when buying sight and sound unseen and unheard.