Would you buy speakers with out first listening ?

I've never owned a pair of speakers that I have not listened to before hand...do you guys trust and buy on opinion? If so, have you experienced any great "let down".

Dave
sogood51
Yep- Von Schweikert DB-99's and couldn't be happier. Found a good price I just couldn't pass up, bought the amps unheard also. Call me crazy but I am LOVING IT!!
Yep, if I knew I could re-sell them and get most my money back. That is the beauty of Audiogon. They always sound different in your room hooked up to your gear. Listening to a pair at the dealer only gives a good idea (if that) of how they may sound when you get them home.
I have to drive two hours to San Francisco to find a good selection of audio products, I just don't have the time. However, if I can find a pair local I will always listen first.
I've had excellent success (GMA Europa, Rega Ela 2000) buying used speakers without listening to them. I did my research first, and considered the purchase to be an in-home demo, confident I could resell them if disappointed. It's unlikely I would buy NEW speakers without a money-back satisfaction guarantee.