B&W 802D vs Wilson WATT Puppy

How do these speakers compare?

Thanks.
benfmd
Hi Jay,

Thanks for your additional comments! I'm defintely listeniing to the Sophia/WP 7.

BTW I've already crossed the 802D, Andra II off my list cause its too tall for nearfield listening.

Happy Listening!*>)

The 802Ds not being biwired make no difference w. Transparent cables. They are not allowed to be used in a biwired configuration. The networks are voiced for full range. That is why they weren't biwired. In my opinion it doesn't matter at all when you use trasparent cables.

Don't worry about them being "ugly" they have a better resale value & wife acceptance factor because of the simplicity of design.
Order the Sophia in a custom color. It will look amazing & have a faster resale. I would go for Jaguar lime green or dark green depending on the house. Maybe even a metalic lilac similar to Porshe 911s.

You can have a lot of fun. PS they are voiced with grills on. Most speakers sound better once you remove the grills. Not the Watts. A huge plus.
Hi Dgad,

I did not know the Wilson speaker grilles were suppose to be left on. All reviews never mentioned this. Some have even ordered the speakers without the surrounding velcro. I'll check with WAS.

BTW I like the look of the Sophia & WP!*>)
Jungsan -

I've seen the Sophias in a metallic-blue color that looks stunning and would be my first choice at this point. It might be the sebring blue on their website. The cosmetics of Wilson speakers were an aquired taste for me. They seem strange at first, but def. grew on me.