Harbeth Owners - I Need Some Help

Just got a pair of Compact 7ES-2s and have these questions:

1) Grills on or off? I know Harbeth says to leave them on - what's been your experience?

2) Stands - what are you using and what do you like?

3) Am I wrong or are these speakers not really height sensitive? I mean, adjusting 2-3 up or down in stand height may not make a great difference. Is this your experience?

Thanks, A'goners.
tomryan
I think they are somewhat height sensitive, as most speakers are. The treble balance and depth perspective change some with height, so it's worth experimenting. But 20" seems to be the near-universal recommendation for the 7ES.

The Skylan stands from Canada have gained some popularity for Harbeths and are what I'm thinking of getting.
I use the Skylan 20" 4 post stands and I have them filled with sand. Each stand takes 50lbs. I also keep the grills on.
Thanks for the info, guys. I'm checking out Sound Anchor since they have that "open" top plate design which someone told me is best for Harbeths because of the lossy cabinets. Supposedly allows them to flex more properly but we may be getting into some minute actions that don't mean a thing. Why are these Sound Anchors so expensive - I mean why are they $600.00+ for the four post versions? I'm currently checking the Skylans which are substantially less expensive but their website doesn't give much info; dimensions, etc.
Skylan customizes their stands and they have one specifically for your model Harbeth. The tops are not open, however, and I don't have an opinion on that. Some people will tell you not to use a rigid stand with the Harbeth, their thinking apparently being that a lossy cabinet needs a lossy stand. I don't think one follows from the other, however. Give Skylan a call. Noel is a hoot to talk to.
I know what're you're saying, Drubin. I try to calculate the physics between a lossy cabinet and rigid, sand filled stand (with flat plate top), or one "Linn style" with an open top like the Epos which is not sand fillable and I just get confused. On the other hand we have Sound Anchor with an open top but pre-filled solid posts. If I could find the Harbeth users website I'd check that out.

By the way, I'm using them in a small (11 x 13 x 8) plaster room and have already used my 9wt 300B Air Tight amp and 100wt SS Muse model 100. The Air Tight, at moderate volumes, produces a far more involving and musical experience; the Muse is rather bland and colorless in comparison. Any suggestions for a more powerful tube or more musical SS "driver".